Saturday, December 7, 2013

Cushion covers

Salam and hi,

For my recent birthday, my loveliest husband bought me a sewing machine! That is the perks of telling people what you want for your birthday. You save money and you do get what you want. Teheeee. Thank you again, love! I feel blessed. 

Now now. You're asking me why do I suddenly wanted a sewing machine? Do I know how to sew? Well, the answer is no. But I do want to learn to sew. I think if I am able to sew at least the basic sewing projects like cushion cover, skirt, and baju kurung, I'll save a lot of money in the future. Btw, my mom used to sew my school uniforms every year. It's really exciting (!!!) when you get to choose your favourite materials, get to choose the preferable length for your kurung length etc. And it saves her a lot of money. It's very costly to buy children school uniform these days you know. sigh.

As a starter, I decided to learned how to sew cushion cover. Therefore, I bought some fabrics from Leeds City Market- a metre of  red voklswagen pattern cotton for GBP 4.50, half a metre of plain grey cotton for GBP 2 and half a metre of electric blue cotton for GBP 2.

Here's what I made with them:



the front cover



 the back cover

another back cover

the back cover-pocket type


Satisfied with my first attempt, then I bought few more pieces of fabrics from eBay; some cath kidston pattern cotton fabrics. Let's see what I made:


The front cover


some close-up 


The other pillow cover



Now I have 4 new lovely cushion covers. hehe. I am a happy girl! Especially since most of the cushions were bought from car boot car sale, costing from GBP1 each. They don't have cushion cover at times. So, I felt good that I am able to cover them up now :) I found that it's not hard to sew and use the sewing machine. Mine came with a very useful video instruction. but I definitely want to attend sewing classes later.

tat's all for now. ta~~

efi


No comments:

Recent Comments

Introduction

Pages - Menu

Recent Posts

Popular Posts