Thursday, November 14, 2013

5th Year Medical Student

Salam and hi,

I have not been writing in my blog for aaagees now. I mean yes, literally about 2 years. Right after I got married to be exact. It felt somehow good to be back. 

Last year was not so good academically. I struggled a bit to get through the year. But Alhamdulillah, I managed to pass. All praise to Allah. In Leeds, we have something called sequential test. Its an additional test for those who did not do so well in the first attempt of examination, not necessarily meant that they have failed though. I thought I got bare pass for my first exam. Thats why I have to sit for the sequential. I have to do the OSCE one (thank god!) cause doing the written examination for the second time would be worser for me. 

We have all kind of specialties rotations in 4th year. They were obs&gynae&sexual health, paediatrics, acute and critical care, cancer and continuing care, and psychiatry. Of all these 5 rotations, I did not like any one of them. Poor me. I literally thinking about quiting medicine all year long. That bad.

Now, in 5th year. I think things has improved. I learned to like my rotation now. I have cardiology and gastroenterology these 2 months in Pinderfields hospital. I need to mention that this hospital is absolutely superb! They have free breakfast everyday. free shuttle from leeds to the hospital, free lunch occasionally, free drinks everyday (my favourite is ribena!), and they have a proper prayer room inside the hospital (a real necessity for me). The people in here also are a bit nicer than the previous hospitals that I have been to. I don't want to mention any names. hewhew

However, the negative thing about the rotation is the SSC. We need to produce 3000 words SSC in 2 weeks time, have to find our own time without compromising the placement. Its a madness. I am so plagiarising everything to write my ssc. And I just hope I'll pass all of them. 

ok thats it. bye2





No comments:

Recent Comments

Introduction

Pages - Menu

Recent Posts

Popular Posts