It's not easy to live as a medical student. I think it applies to everybody regardless what field they are studying or what job they are working on. It depends on a particular person, of course. As for me, I can feel the difficulties of becoming one. But I am glad to feel this (err. i think). At least I know I am still a medical student that haven't been kicked out from the medical school. haha. To that extreme. Well well, bersyukur ja.
My head is now messed with small words from the hundreds of journals/articles/books I read. My life now is sort of devoted to do this literature review. phew. I really worried with the deadline. It is so near dah ;( (for me, 18 days is considered realllllyyy dekat) For some, it's still a party week. :p
Okeh. Back to the point, I should be telling you about my experience shadowing the Brits doctor at the hospital for the first time kan. So, last couple of weeks (on Friday), I went to Leeds General Infirmary dutifully as a medical doctor ^.^. We (the Leeds Med Student) are divided into many small groups. 6 people in a group to be exact and and we are assigned with one doctor per session. For the first week, we have to grasp the systematic technique of taking cardiovascular history.
I really thought it would be easy at first (agak berlagak dlm hati). But definitely I am wrong. I surely can memorize all the steps to take history but at the time when I met the real patient, I went blank. haha. I am so dead nervous. Thankfully, we had to take history as a group. If not, I am sure there would be a long stare between me and the patient not knowing what to talk about. kiki. I think meeting cardio patients are superb. They are friendly and seriously, they were able to really tell the doctor exactly what had happened to them. Of course, this would make the doctor's life; diagnosing their condition way much easier.
My feeling on that day? As much as I felt nervous, scared, insecure and a lil bit confused, I kinda felt excited to experience the life of a doctor. I don't think I am able to do other job better than a doctor. Seriously. I am not good at math *sobbing*. I got into medical school pun by luck *sobbing* so, when I got the opportunity, I really want to do my best. I don't want to ruin my future. huhu
What makes me proud on that day? Well, I am so proud to see all the meds students were so clean and smart-looking on that day. Compared to the usual-boring-lecture days, they looked stunning when they are clean. haha. Barulah terserlah kehenseman masing2 kan. One thing I learned from doing ward round is, do wear a comfy shoes!
Have fun and have a nice day! NISE is coming really soon. My life would be really bizi-mizi.
Lots of love,
efi
2 comments:
yey. boley x tibe2 i yg nk mengade proud of u? kikikiki.. :) gudluck~
haha. terima ksih :) kiki
Post a Comment